Followers

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Make it Vintage!

The Color Challenge is up again at the Outlawz and this weeks inspirational picture was chosen by Teresa

now this picture is a little out of the ordinary as its a picture of Teresa's father and it started off as an old black and white image until Guylou waved her magic wand and voila - we have colour! Teresa originally used this wonderful photo as it will be Rememberance Day this week and what a very appropriate image for this week!

The twist is' Make it Vintage' - I think everyone has their own interpretation of what is vintage. To me vintage reminds me of days gone by, with maybe a little longing! With such earthy colours I did feel that a Rememberance card would be the order of the day and this is what I came up with

I have a wonderful collection of grungy/vintage papers that I got from Costco a couple of years ago, its beautiful paper, really good quality but there are hundreds of sheets and I'm sure I'll still be using them ten years from now! I chose a lovely page with birds on that is just the right colour, I then stamped and heat embossed it with a beautiful stamp of a wildflower that I stamped at different height. I then layered it up with more of the scrummy papers from the set and printed the sentiment and mounted it on some brown card, I popped it up with some foam pads to add some dimension.

Well that is my interpretation of vintage using this weeks colours, I hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by I really appreciate it and if you have time do stop by the Outlawz and join in the challenges, there are some wonderful prizes and a lot of fun - hope to see you again soon!

3 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely Laurian, and that paper is really beautiful, hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely, Laurian. Thanks for the little tribute to my father. It is so neat to see him popping up in Blogland in various places. He would be pleased.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Laurian - has a lovely watercolour feel to it, so gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them!